Saturday, April 08, 2006

 

Sutton Pushes E85 Ethanol

Sutton has sent 20thsenatorial the following:

I believe I am the candidate who is best acquainted with the people of our district. From my door-to-door campaign, I have had the opportunity to speak with many individuals from different areas. I can tell you exactly what most of the people think.
In general, people seem to be fed up with the politicians. They want to see new faces and people who are actually concerned with the needs of the working class. They don’t want representation from politicians who are backed by big money or special interests. They want somebody from their ranks, a non-politically connected individual who will serve the public and not serve him or herself. I personally believe I am that candidate. I will be a public servant who won’t have any specific individual or group to pay back after the election. The only people I will owe are the residents of District 20 who deserve somebody fighting for them and their concerns in Harrisburg.
I’m currently a resident of the Back Mountain and lived in Hunlock Creek until I was 13. I went to High School in Bradford County. I not only know the concerns of people here in Luzerne County, but I also know what it’s like to grow up in a small, rural town. I know the importance agriculture plays and the hardships that our farmers go through to put food on our table. I know our area’s concerns better than any of the candidates.
Specifically, I have a plan that will help preserve our farms, bring jobs to our area, promote a cleaner environment, and bring cheap fuel prices to Pennsylvania. This is through ethanol fuel. Ethanol can be purchased at our local Sunoco stations, but you won’t see much difference in the price as compared to regular unleaded. That is because we do not have the industry here, and our ethanol is shipped from out of state. We need to create incentives to get the ethanol plants built here. Jobs will be created during the construction phase of these plants. When the plants are running, estimates show that more than 400 jobs are created after development, from farming jobs to trucking and retail jobs. With private Pennsylvania citizens owning the plants, such as having farmer co-ops, we will be able to bring reasonable fuel prices to our area. E85 ethanol ranges from $1.75 to $2.00 a gallon in the Midwest. We will never see unleaded prices at these levels again. This is a win/win for our farmers who will be supplying corn and running the plants, and also for the consumer who wants reasonable prices at the pump.
I believe fully I am the people’s choice.


Please visit http://www.suttonforsenate.com/

Comments:
Carl, you are a stud!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?