Wednesday, May 03, 2006

 

Issue 9 ----- Pay Raise



Candidates Express Their Views on Last Year's Pay Raise

We asked the candidates for their responses to 13 questions. Over the next few days, we will post their answers. We put the candidates names in the blogomatic candidate randomization selector, so the order of their answers is totally random. Here's the ninth of our questions.

What are your thought’s on last year’s pay raise?


Bigus

I will never take a pay raise while in office. The process needs to be examined immediately. the minimum wage has not changed, fire and ambulance companies are suffering; yet, the Legislature felt it necessary to give themselves a raise AT 2 A.M.!

Haggerty

Last year's pay raise was excessive and abusive. The manner in which it was passed was an insult to every citizen of Pennsylvania. I became Mayor of Kingston in 1998 with a salary of $8,000 and no benefits. Nine years later, I still get $8,000 and no benefits. I never asked for a pay raise, I never sought a pay raise, and I never wanted a pay raise. Actions speak louder than words.

Baker

I am opposed to the pay raise and, if elected, I will not vote for a legislative pay raise in the future. Government must be open and accountable, and the process by which the legislature approved last year’s pay raise was neither. I will work to ensure that we are answerable to the people in all matters of state government.

Madeira

It was unconstitutional and I worked for its repeal, but I formed my campaign committee in May of 2005 (before the pay raise). My campaign is not a reaction to one issue that has already been resolved; it is a serious challenge to the uncontrolled growth of state government. If you want to know what the real upcoming crisis is, look at the looming pension crisis.

McNamara

I certainly was not happy with this late night pay grab. I am very pleased that this pay raise was repealed. It indicates to me that the legislators heard the outcry of their constituents.

Sutton

The pay raise was unconstitutional. It also showed that legislators are out for themselves and not for the people they are supposed to represent. I plan on being a public servant. The legislative seats have become glamorous positions. It’s time for some fresh faces in Harrisburg. If you’re sick and tired of politicians, then I’m your candidate. I come from the ranks of the working class, and I’ll look out for your needs.

Comments:
Carl, you're a real brain trust. I mean it, you're really going far in the political arena. You might make it to Tunkhannock by July.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?